Sunday 7 September 2014

Peace of ART or ART of PEACE....My THREE FRIENDS DUAL WITH ME...



Three Young Friends wrote to me and Cheered my up... and I realized how lucky I am to have known these young man... and I realized that I will be young forever because of them and because of our yearning for knowledge and truth... TOGETHER.........

Diogenes, the Greek philosopher searching for for "honest men" with his lantern burning bright under the warm sun of Athens... 

The first one wrote...

They really thought you were "cool" for not just stopping learning and teaching after you retired. [ My friend is referring to my blog…posts…] Thats one thing I admire about you. Youre a lifelong learner. I wish to be the same. Its something I wish my parents did too. 
By the way. Did you know that as far as I know we dont have a word for cousin. So we call our cousins as brothers and sisters. And we treat them like that too. I thought you'd find that interesting
The trip to India was life changing. Whether in a good way or not I'm not yet sure. It was unbearably difficult to leave that place. But it was unbearably difficult to not come here as well.
I'm still very confused. I grew up with my sisters (cousins) they were there for me sometimes even more than my brother was. And leaving them and not returning for years is hard. I see this as a problem. And I dont know how to fix it. I feel like I have two lives and I dont know what to do.
Anyway, I just got on the computer and started to type my thoughts to you without a filter. I hope you dont mind. 

....And I Answered

Dear Young Friend,                                                                                            
It is great to hear from you…I am sure your trip after graduation was fantastic… In the land of peace and harmony…, the land of Ghandi, must be beautiful… I always wanted to dwell within the tranquility of the temples nested in the lap of the mountains…
Thank you for passing the blog news to your cousins… And to be honest, I did not know that there is no word for “cousin” in Hindi… dialects… That is wonderful and proves once again the peaceful roots of the culture…
Everyone is a “lifelong learner” willingly or unintentionally… I have chosen to be a willing lifelong learner… I would always explore the new and learn from my friends like you and by reading and writing and essentially from nature… learning is fun and learning keeps me in shape…and young…
I realize your distress in face of the duality…Being in North America…but also living there…in the land of peace and tranquility… But you should not be apprehensive… duality engenders sprouts of wisdom…duality sets everything around you in flux…and you will have an unsettled spirit and unsatisfied yearnings… That is good…it will make you an explorer and learner…in the very same vein that I am… Good luck… It is indeed a path of confusion and a trail of nostalgia and craving for more and more and even more knowledge…But the more you try…the more dissatisfied you will be…and the immortal cycle will continue and you will become a more mature philosopher…and people will say to you… “Thats one thing I admire about you. Youre a lifelong learner. I wish to be the same.”
Do not be anxious about the battles waging in your skull about where you were and where you are…What you experienced in the land of Ghandi and what you are experiencing in the “New Land”… Mixed feeling are good…Mixed feelings will unnerve you…waging battles in your skull will keep your thought in flux…torrents at times…tranquil at other times…But always flowing…and never stagnating … never stinking… always fresh…for new happenings…for fresh discoveries… They say literature is the art of ambiguity…Your duality will generate the art flowing from the duality…the ambiguity that you are experienced… Indeed you are blessed…but you are overwhelmed with the blessings… get used to it…learn how to live with it… and use it to your advantage… Create a PEACE of ART and be a luminous Pharos…for all so as they will find the shores of Alexandra…

I have witnessed your thoughtful smiles in our four-wall classroom… Now be brave enough to smile in the tranquil vastness of the Global Village… May the PEACE OF GANDHI be with you…
  *** 
As you do realize I am very private person...But your few lines were very compelling and I decided to include couple of my few hours old photos for you to see...
climbed the  hills today to reach to the sign where dreams are woven and attempted to see "what dreams are made of..."

The next one wrote...

I am never furious with anyone, at least I try not to be. I try my best to not hold grudges with people. It ruins lives... And the young depend on the old for wisdom so you will never grow old enough for me.

....And I Answered

Young man, I am including couple of photos of me taken very recently…in the land where angles dare to dreams… I am very happy that you are never furious…it is indeed waste of much needed energy… I am very happy that you are sporadically in touch with me… it makes me happy and soars my mind to dreams that may seem unattainable…But I will try…and I am sure you will try harder…
Smile and may the Art of Peace be with you…I am sure eventually you will create your own PEACE of ART…

Look closely, my young friend... Appreciate the decades old youthfulness...and teach me not to be furious too...and guide me through the wilderness of human brutality to the shores of tranquility and wisdom...

***
And the Third one Wrote...

But without darkness, how would we know light?

....and My Response...

Robert my friend… I am sure you do not need physical senses to visualize everything…I have known you when you were youger and I am absolutely certain that you have great imagination and in your imaginative way you will not need the temporal light…to distinguish the darkness… Get inspired again with Godly wisdom and transcend the temporal and dwell at Olympus with the Gods and let the Muses play with you in eternal light and harmony…


***
A Nine Year Old...Needs a HUGE bus...to make him happy...
I think he should learn from my three young friends and try something else... for both joy and ride...

A Saskatoon city bus that was damaged Saturday morning after a 9-year-old boy took it for a joyride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.