Tuesday 16 September 2014

I BELIEVE for a BETTER tomorrow...No photos needed...



Things that we take for granted… Things that we enjoy!

I have always wondered what North American kids are the least engaged in politics and human concerns…?  The only answer I have is human selfishness…
My students were disengaged…from social issues and hence from social reality… and the “teachers” did not care…after all, the “teachers” were also pursuing a very selfish and individualistic life too…
We are disengaged from the Global Village and we do not care much…We have our “personal electronic devices”…and we can have fun and gossip and play video games…to our hearts content…at times till the wee hours of the morning… neglecting our academic life…and waking up grumpy… We have our parents who take care of our well beings and feed us…So we grow up to be chubby and out of shape…Then we get concerned about our looks and exercise… For me, exercise and walking are fun and to be healthy… For me exercise is not for the looks… I am what I am…But I want to stay healthy…!
It’s not my students only…The youth in North America-Canada and U.S., are disengaged from social reality and Global Village issues… and that only makes me sad…

We have to be honest…Yes we have everything that we need…but the rest of the world is burning with wars and disease and hunger…and we have to care…Not just donating few dimes, like the wealthy prince of the Bible…but we have to donate like the poor woman …Yes, she donated few dimes, but she gave ALL that she had…!

Let’s be honest…
North America, Canada and the U.S. are countries of immigrants…
At first it was the British and European religious and oppressions and persecutions that initiated the emigration to the New World…on Mayflower and the rest… The European immigrants are the descendants of these… They escaped religious discrimination and persecution…

Then it was the Potato Famine and other economic hardship that continued the emigration to the New World… The emigration had economic reasons…and Irish and Italians and the rest of the White people settled the New World for economic reasons… Sacco and Vanzetti is a good movie take the time and see it…It is a classic… and you will have a glimpse of the economic hardships…

Then it was the GREED… The white men’s GREED … which imported shiploads of slaves from Africa… and ever since, even after the emancipation…the African Americans are discriminated and oppressed…

Then it was the wars…WW I and WW II, and many escaped the atrocities and the Genocides in Turkey and the Holocaust in Europe…and Armenians and Jews found the New World…

Then it was the oppression and economic conditions in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe…and then it was the economic situation in the Third World…

So let’s be honest… We have ALL that we need…
                                  We have our Personal Electronic Devises…
                                  We have all that we can eat and be fat…

But we are the product of political and economic oppression all over the world…
… And the Six Million Dollar Question… Why do we NOT care… Why our daily life is so full of our GREED and our LUST and OURSELVES…
WHY DO WE NOT CARE…

We still discriminate others who are different than us…
We still discriminate according to colour…according to religion…according to economic status…according to social lineage…according to pedigree…

Young people that I know tell me…leave us alone…don’t bother us with your social concerns…
Young people tell me leave us alone… “we have a life”…
Young people tell me… “We are too busy with research and work…we hardly have time for our boyfriends…”
Young people tell me… “We are too overloaded with academic assignments…”

Young people tell me…Leave us alone…
Young people tell me…THE BIG BROTHER PROVIDES for us… I have my ipad…my smart phone…my girlfriend…my boyfriend…
Young people tell me…leave us alone… “let us enjoy our penis and have a good fuck…”
Young people tell me…we have all that we need… We do not care about Ukraine…about Scotland…about Iraq…about Syria…about ISIS…about ISIL…about the percussion of Christian in the Middle East… about the Ebola in Africa…about Ferguson…about Football stars beating their children or their wives-girlfriends…

Young people tell me… I go to Church on Sundays…So I am a GOOD person…I attend the Friday Prayers…So I am a GOOD person… I attend the Chabad services in the synagogue…So I am a GOOD person…
So I am a GOOD person, they say…LEAVE US ALONE… Who cares if the rest of the world is burning…they say…After all, I am a good person, they say…

I believe them…THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE… But always they can be BETTER….and BETTER… and get involved in the social and economic wellbeing of the Global Village…

I believe that they are GOOD people…But they can be concerned about their “brothers”…So as the BIG BROTHER will not bomb us the hell…because of his GREED…


I believe they are GOOD… and they will be even BETTER…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.