Thursday 25 September 2014

Hi to ALL ... from SOMEWHERE in the LAP of Mother Nature...


... Again Mother Nature... 
The only "mother" WE have...

Hi Mr. Kevork!

How are you?

I really loved the last blog post. I know many people who do not believe that climate change is a thing because of political/religious/Idon'tknowwhat reasons and it concerns, angers, annoys, and irritates me. It is clear. It is clear that scientific evidence proves that climate change is happening incredibly fast. It is clear that the CO2 levels and extreme temperatures/weather patterns are occurring more and more. It is clear that in a few dozens of years, this planet will be inhabitable. It is clear that we are digging our own graves.

I hope people wake up and put aside their political, religious, and fantastical differences and live this life and let their children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren enjoy what they were able to enjoy. Two hands working together can accomplish tons more than thousands clasped in prayer. And if everyone thinks that one person cannot do anything, we will have a world full of ignorant, unwise, lazy, selfish, and uncaring humans. The word humans, to me, had a positive connotation so far... I'm afraid it will change into a negative one... I hope it doesn't.

The rally in New York gave me a few drops of hope in a long drought of hopelessness.

Thanks again for that beautiful post, sir!

Smiles,
A

My daughters everyday inquire..."Dad! How are you?" and I reply... "Now that I hear your voice, I am better..."; or "Now that I see you, I am much better..."
So, dear young friend... I am good and ..."Now that I read your message, I am better..."

I appreciate your sentiments, specially the fact that you are environmentally so sensitive... You are correct, indeed this is the only planet we have ....and there is no plan B... and there is no planet B...
But, I would have been much better... if you and your friends had participated in the marches in your cities wherever you are... 

I am happy that New York inspires you and "gives you few drops of hope" in a at times despondent situation...
But, I would have been much better, if you and your friends had discussed the math of environmental degradation... 

The beauty of math is that it opens up to any topic...to any subject...

I will feel much better when you transcend the mundane math of numbers and shatter the confines of the four-walled classrooms and flourish in the MATH WITHOUT NUMBERS... and ACT in harmony with nature... and defend our MOTHER EARTH ... because that's the only "mother" we have... 

***

Hi,
Thanks for sending me mails of interesting subjects which give some perspectives of life. The earlier mail about education and nature was excellent, I read it twice. The last one about the climate change contributing global warming is really a good one. 

My daughters everyday inquire... How are you dad...?
"I am much better... now that you are here...", I answer...
And, whenever I receive a note from my friends... I feel much better... too.
But, I understand... People have "life" and young people are more anxious to catch the bug of "life"...

I am happy that you are enjoying my scribbles that once in a while I send them to you... But the originals are in my blog... all of them are posted their... and I will be happier if you make the effort and go to the blog posts instead of waiting for me to send you one of them every now and then... or once a week...

I am happy that you agree with me ... that the world and the environment is worth cherishing... is worth defending...

Here are some more pictures that may whet you imagination and may soldier you to action... After all, 

Acting is what we should... Before it is too late...


***

Nature in Action... Match it if you can...

Nicaragua... Lightening spectacle 10 

hours per day... The natives are in awe... 

and you should ACT...

We can imagine...But as yet we have not matched the power and the beauty of Mother Nature...
The light shows of Nature...
...And the warmth of the sun setting
... with the fisherman...
refracting and reflecting the colours and the beauty...
...And the darker warning...
The thunder of nature... 
Warning us motherly... 

The tranquil ocean... But the GREED of humans...
The Japanese boats are being ready for hunting dolphins...

The dolphins are the victims of human GREED...
They are killed for meat...
They are killed for money...
They are killed because of the insatiable GREED of human beings...
After erosion there is mud slides... and after erosion the ice starts to melt... and there are ice-slides...

The awe inspiring nature... is crumbling under the heels of human GREED...

It is magnificent...But humans will make is crumble and ruin all...
They say once the icebergs crack ... humans will rush in and search for oil...

The Russians and Canadians and the U.S. are vying for melting ice... territory... and are already smelling the exhilarating aroma of oil.... 
The icebergs will melt and the oil spills will begin...

War...
And then this is human devastation....
...The oil fields of Syria... after the bombing...
... If it is not human GREED ... It is human competition...
You compete for territory... You compete for grades... You compete for favours... 
You compete to kiss the ass of Big Brothers...
***
The icebergs melt.... 
The oil fields are bombed...
And you are idle...
...and you are sniffing Big Brothers' ass...
...and you are yearning for another lick... and another lick...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.