Monday 29 September 2014

Eliminate the violence fro our culture... Eliminate violence from society too...



Sports and nonsensical violence…

I love the outdoors... I am always mystified by the beauty of nature... 
I have always wanted to be in a monastery in the verdant lap of nature... But I have also always taken care of my actions and my steps... I never wanted to slip into some harm and pain... I did not appreciate the adventurous daring of humans... it did not make sense to me... Physically daring something or physically harming ones body are one and the same for me...
That is why I never appreciated violence on sports...
Check the news from the weekend...
Item 1...
More than 30 believed dead after volcano erupts...
At least 36 people are believed to have died from this weekend’s eruption at Mt. Ontake in central Japan, as dangerous gases emitting from the country’s second-highest volcano hampered efforts to recover victims.

The volcano erupts and more than 30 people who were hiking are not accounted for...
The mountain covered with volcanic ash...
Rescuers and fire fighters searching for survivors...

Soldiers and rescue parties looking for survivors among the mountaintop cottages...
Mount Ontake in Japan...
Definitely accidents of nature may happen... But on the other hand our cottages to not have to be that close to the volcano...
I am indeed fascinated by lava flows... The amber rage of nature is awe inspiring to watch... but I will be very careful when I go near to the lava flow...Of course, if and when I go near it...
Accidents of nature will happen...
But...
Violence in sports is more than "accidents of nature" and violent human behaviour is explicable... for me... 

....Item 2...
Netherlands 'monster truck' accident kills three people...

Three people including a child have been killed by a "monster truck" at a motor show in the east of the Netherlands.

The truck veered off course and through a safety barrier at the event in Haaksbergen in Overijssel province.
Three people died, another 18 were injured, five seriously.

Why people will go and watch stunts like this is beyond me... 

The noise is unbearable... and it is not even fun... to see some 

one drive a"monster" truck over other cars...


Item 3...

Brady Hoke's decision to send Shane Morris back into 

the game could be the final straw at Michigan.

Check the violence in football... One player is hitting the other with all the might in his shoulder... Running and hitting... 
And all is permitted...
But the player who was hit wobbles and most probably had concussions...
But the game must go on...
The profit trumps the safety of players...
Brady hoke, the coach, talks to Shane Morris, the quarterback-player, who was wobbly after this very hard hit...
The hard hit is legal...but dangerous too....

I will not buy anything from this man... The coach...
He is scary as a bull dog...
The coach yelling like that has one thing in mind... HIS GLORY and not the SAFETY of the kids..
Violence in sports and violence in society have direct correlation...
Item 4...
Skydiving must be fun... But I will never attempt it... It looks dangerous to me...
May be with proper care it will be okay...
May be with just jumping and having fun will be okay... 
But I do not understand what will be the fun... to test who will open his/her parachute the last...
Things may go wrong and they do...
One of these guys jumped to his death...over the weekend...


It looks indeed fun if you look at it..
 Till you hid the ground...and die...

After all said and done... violence in sports looks as nonsensical 
as this Indian guy's mustache... It may the largest in the world... It may be that he has the Guinness World record... But what good it is... ?
What is the fun in it... 
Growing the mustache... was his achievement in life...
Now after seeing the mustache... revisits the mountain in Japan... The stunt truck in Netherlands...
The football fields of North America... and the skydivers holding hands...
Compare the mustache with the violence in sports... and try to make sense of it...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.