Monday 25 August 2014

They Say History REPEATS Itself....



They say history repeats itself... 
Of course they were not referring to gun laws and murders in the U.S., but tragically it applies to the murders of black man in the U.S.
Today is the funeral of Michael Brown...One of the victims...and I was mentioning this to a friend...He said; "But they kill each other in the dozens in Chicago every week..." Indeed they do...and that should be more of a reason to contemplate about gun violence on the streets of North America...     Another friend  argued; "Their leaders attend these funerals and agitate the crowd and then disappear...I guess this is a business for them..." and added; "When these killings are stopped these black leaders will be out of business..." This observations may be totally true...May be the leaders are not interested in changing the norms and behaviour of the community...May be they don't have any interests in urging young man and woman to stay in school...to read and write and learn math...May be they will be out of business if the killings stop...May be these Black Big Brothers are just exploiting the misery of the community... May be they do not care...May be they are just fast-talking-charlatans...May be the Black Big Brothers are just the same as the other Big Brothers...
All these "may be-s" may be true...All these "may be-s" may be justifiable... But there is more to the narative... These "may be-s" do not convey the whole truth... There is more to it than meets the eyes...
Read...                                                                                                        Everyone knows that the wealth gap in the U.S. has increased dramatically. "The top 10 percent took more than half of the country's overall income in 2012, the highest proportion recorded in a century of government record keeping," The New York Times reported in April.
The income inequality and this fundamental disparity engenders discontent...Compound these with unemployment...and a future without much hope...and leaders who are more interested in exporting "democracy" to Afghanistan and Libya and Iraq... and the clique of Big Brothers who are more interested in disturbing the peace in Ukraine and agitating against Russia... They are more interested to urge the Ukrainian government to spent several billion dollars on armament...
The Associate Press reported that President Petro Poroshenko announced an extra 40 billion hryvnia ($3 billion) for defence forces during his Independence Day speech on Sunday.
And all this money will go to Europe and U.S. to purchase arms...
  • The gun violence kills young people on the streets of North America...and the gun business in the U.S. is booming...  
  • The gun violence in the world, the wars...,  kills and massacres millions...
But the Big Brother does not care....The Big Brother is boosting the Big Business... and generating new killing "theaters", as they call it, is Big Business...
In fact, war is GOOD business....
The gun violence in the streets of North America is GOOD business...
And no matter how the rhetoric of the Big Brother explodes... The deafening reality is that Big Brother and Big Business are in collusion...As they say, Big Brother is the executive branch of Big Business... 
....And the arms business is booming...both in the East and in the West...
Arms business is booming while Ukraine bleeds...while Afghanistan and Iraq and Syria and all the rest ... are in turmoil and massacres are looming...
...And the arms business is booming while mothers are grieving and today is the funeral of Michael Brown.... 

***
Share the sad reality...and Read...

Ferguson, Missouri (CNN) -- Mourners began lining up at a St. Louis church hours before Monday's funeral of slain teenager Michael Brown. The line snaked around the Friendly Temple Missionary Baptist Church on a sweltering St. Louis morning.
Brown's father, Michael Brown Sr., called Sunday for a day of calm during the funeral.
"Please, please take a day of silence so I can, so we can, lay our son to rest," he told a rally in St. Louis. "Please. It's all I ask."
Brown's mother said she feels her son's presence.
"There's something about the rain, something about it ... I feel him," she said.
Grieving mothers....Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown and Sean Bell


Trayvon Martin shot down by a vigilante...

Sean Bell, 23, was killed in 2006 by a 50-bullet barrage outside a Queens nightclub just hours before he was supposed to get married.

***
I have a good friend from my last teaching position...
He is caring and good person...he cares about his friends...In fact he is the only one who regularly keeps in touch with me...The rest, both teachers and students, are almost in the distant past... 
I know that there are students who care...But they are young and too busy with the gossipy day to show that they care...I understand it totally...
I realize the teachers, at least some of them care, but they are to busy in pontificating and advising others what to do...I guess they will say, "just listen to me, never mind my actions..."
I assure everyone that the administration is to busy in "disciplining" the young people...after all, they have to "educate"...so they literally do not have time for human relations...
But my friend is kind and very considerate....he regularly keeps in touch with me...
I appreciate that...
We had a very good friend...The Chaplain in the school of my last teaching position... The chaplain passed away in a car accident earlier this year...and my good friend has planed a maple tree in his memory....in front of the school...
When I visit Toronto again...The first thing I will do drive by that tree...From the airport I will visit the school...It is only few minutes drive, after all...and communicate with my friend through that beautiful maple tree...
....And in order for the communion to be complete... I later... will drive to the nearby bar...Where the Chaplain and I had many "good" chats on drinks of our choice... I will have a glass, or may be two..., with my chaplain friend... and will take a glass to the Maple tree while driving home...
The Mechanical Caretaker is a GOOD person... he has planted the tree...
The Mechanical Caretaker...is a friend to the Chaplain to to me...
I look at the photo and I see both the Chaplain and my good friend, the Mechanical Caretaker...
Good friends are rare...I appreciate them all...
Thank you...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.