Sunday 3 August 2014

All We NEED Is a HEART and a BRAIN too...



It is Sunday...

We have a saying..."For fools everyday is a holiday..."
Well, I am retired from four-walls teaching, so everyday is a rest day for me...now....
My sincerest apologies, God...! 
...And God looked at his creation...and all was GOOD...and He rested on the seventh day...

Here the rules are very archaic and mundane... I worked hard ... for so many years ... and now Big Brother thinks that I deserve a long...long...rest...till such time that we meet, You and I ...           

My apologies again...
...Observe and feel the energy in your finger ... 
God created US GOOD ... We have to act on that GOODNESS...

Let me repeat it...I apologize for retiring... from work which has "money-value"... 
But,
Writing the blog post takes considerable time...My wife complains that I am on the computer for  3-4 hours and working on the blog...and then I am on the computer writing my own stuff... few emails and my books... So I am on the computer for about 6-7 hours per day... 
But, oh God, I apologize for not working...I am retired and it is like Sunday...every day...
***
For the past three days I was working with Abhishek (refer to the previous three blog posts...) on his thoughts and posts...It was fun...I got re-acquainted with the bright young man...and as he refers to it in one of his lines..."He opened up a bit..." and indeed, he even declared..."I don't believe in God...!" and it reminded me of my youth and yearnings and turmoils and intellectual wanderings ... as a young man ...

Abbe, does not believe in God...Well I do not blame him... Ross, my dear friend and the chaplain in my last four-walled teaching post, always reminded us..."The churches in Montreal are empty... and the diocese is selling them..."

God LOVES Abee as he is...Because he is GOOD...The smile and the hands attest to that...
...And the ice cream is the icing on the cake...
God definitely works in mysterious ways....

I do not blame Abee...
Many of us are abandoning the traditional way of  spirituality ...                              

Let me explain...
Look at the luxury dwellings below ... they are the abodes of cardinals and archbishops...

They are wallowing in luxury...

This is the Vatican "Guest House" that Pope Francis Decided to use as his daily abode...
He decided to live more modest than the previous "Princes of the Church"...
Pope Francis lives here...They say it is a "small suite in the Vatican guesthouse...."

...And then here are the rest...

These are all residences of U.S. Cardinals and Archbishops...
... and the spiral continuous...
These are "the Princes of the Church..." and I will not blame anyone...when they abandon the churches... and I fully understand when a bright young man declares..."Sir, I do not believe in God..." 

For a long long time I have also seized attending churches... I am tired of listening to the "homilies" and the admonishes of the priests... 
The priest remind me of the time when the Church was fighting against the printed Bible...They were arguing that the people, that is you and I, are ignorant and will misinterpret the "Holy Book"... So they wanted a ban on printing the Bible ... They did not want the people to read the Holy Book...They wanted to have MONOPOLY on the PATH to SALVATION...
The priests annoy me...They act like the Big Brother... 
The Big Brother knows it all...
The Priests, the saintlier than thou crowd, know even more than the Big Brother...After all, they are in "direct communication with God."
And when an intelligent person, like the Abee of the previous three blog post, declares: "Sir, I do not believe in God..." I understand him absolutely... After all,

  • We do not need the God of the churches to be GOOD...
  • We do not need the semi-literate priests to show us the way...
  • Don't they live in mansions worth millions... when there are homeless people living on the benches in the gardens in front of the churches ...?
Their mansions and...his bench...
  • We do not need the priests, the mullahs, the rabies, the monks, the Dalai Lama ... to be GOOD ...or to do GOOD...

Abee, does not believe in God...
I don't attend church services...any more...

But, every Sunday...with my morning coffee...I listen to Holy Mass - Mozart, Rachmaninoff ... and the rest...I listen to the Armenian Holy Mass - The Badarak...meaning sacrifice...

At times I have incense too...
My spirituality is not defined by the Church... by any church... I believe ALL of them are the same..I believe it is a business...I believe as universities paddle knowledge, the churches paddle religion and God...
I am not attempting to be blasphemous... After all, I am not going to follow their lead and live in mansions and forget about the homeless in front of the churches...
That is why Liberation Theology makes much more sense...

Indeed,
It is Sunday... and I am listening to church music...It is heavenly...
I am looking at the rising cloud of the incense...It is raising my spirits up...to heaven...
I am inhaling the aroma of the incense...and meditate about the wars in Ukraine and Gaza ... and all the rest...

It is indeed Sunday...but, today of all days,  I think of World PEACE ... I do not need to shake my neighbors hand which is full of germs ... and let him wish "Peace be with You..." to me...
I hope my neighbor goes out and does some GOOD deeds today... 
I hope my neighbor promotes PEACE in the Global Village....
I hope my neighbor Stands UP and THINKS...and ACTS...

It is Sunday...
I wish we will have a world in harmony and peace... and indeed, we do not require the churches and synagogues and mosques and temples for that...
What we need is JUST A HEART and A BRAIN too...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.