Friday 8 April 2016

Peace and Harmony is the Doable Alternative...


I was working on a blog post... about global shortage of water and women and children...
Also, I was working on a piece which included prostitution... and the laws that the French Parliament just voted...yesterday.
But, then a student-friend emailed me and my line of thought was diverted... That's why I interrupted my other post- I will post it tomorrow, hopefully- and focussed on my friend's email.
Here it is...
***
Ross, the chaplain at my last teaching post, cautioned me to not comment on everything and anything that comes across... His mantra; "You are allowed..." always solved many problems that could have stirred the cup... and maybe spilled few drops... At times I listened to him quietly... to learn from him... At times I followed him patiently... and avoided many complications... and difficulties that would have poisoned my day... 
I hated when negativity started fuming within me... and the only way I rose out of it was repeating to myself... "You are allowed."
............
I do not write this blog to vent my frustrations... I do not write this blog to solve anything... I do not write this blog because I know better than the rest of the people... I do not write this blog to chase people who misspeak... or do not listen... I just write because I want to write... and it makes me think about the world... about social issues... and about people... I just write it because I want to share my way of looking at things with anyone who might be interested... 
Few years ago I had suggested to Ross to make this forum an open debating forum... and invited him to write a weekly thought... He agreed... We began a weekly exchange of ideas... If you want you may go to older posts... and I am sure you will locate the four exchanges between Ross and myself... We did that not because we knew better than anyone else... It was just our ideas and exchanging them was fun for us...
.............
At one point I did not post anything for few months... and then an intelligent student-friend wrote to me and asked whether I am okay... She was worried that something may have happened to me... She wrote that I should begin posting on the blog again... I thought about it... Then to honour Ross, my chaplain-friend... I agreed to start posting again... Just because it is fun to think about issues... NOT BECAUSE I HAVE SOLUTIONS... At times it is painful to write... After all, the things that happen in the global village are most of the time painful... bombings, torture, beheadings, stoning, hunger, lack of clean water, deforestation, pollution, greed... and chasing profits... It is indeed painful when one reads or encounters these... The global village is absurdly supersaturated with pain... war... famine... disease... sexual abuse... slavery... and child soldiers... and child labour-slavery.
I write to think... and to keep in touch...
I do not write to correct the wrong... to educate people... to point mistakes... That's for people who are full of themselves and think they are infallible... They do not realize that to caste the first stone... is scary... is judgmental... is outright wrong...
So like my friend Ross... I avoid to judge and repeat his golden rule... They are allowed... You are allowed... I am allowed... 
Or,
There are as many right as there are people...
Or,
There is no wrong... ALL OF US ARE RIGHT... and should find the way to live in peace and harmony...
That's why I write... for peace and harmony...
......................
My student-friend, the engineer wrote... All of the words in the box below... 

Hello Sir,
I've been checking up on your blog the last few days to see what you thought about the BLM [Black Lives Matter] Toronto controversy but haven't seen you write anything about it so maybe you didn't hear/read about it. Anyways, the issue at hand is that the cofounder of the BLM Toronto movement tweeted the following:

PLZ Allah, give me the strength not to cuss/kill these men and white folks out here today. plz plz plz
.....................................................


First of all, I don't think I'm wrong in saying that the whole movement, albeit grounded for the right reasons, is a joke to say the least and racist if I'm blunt on the topic. Those who support the movement take serious offence if you were to tell them ALL LIVES MATTER instead of BLACK LIVES MATTER. Then you look at the execution of their protests and their activity has been nothing less than barbaric. These recent actions just took it over the top for me.  Their leader is uttering death threats and she is getting away unpunished. Had I said something similar about them for example, I would already be in jail and the BLM movement would be asking for my head. This has been the clearest example yet of them manipulating social perceptions to their benefit, and more specifically abusing their power as so-called untouchables in the realm of discrimination or racism. What's even worse though is that they don't see that as a problem nor do they want to apologize for it. Here are another 2 articles showing just that, one written by a black male named Desmond Cole and another quoting Sandy Hudson (who by the way is in currently in court on charges that she defrauded my university's student union of some $280,000, 10% of the annual budget):

I read your note... and my take is different than yours... I am not angry and I am not fuming... Read carefully again... The lady is not threatening anyone... She is not attempting to intimidate anyone... She is not imposing her perception, point of view, idea, on anyone...


Image result for photos of Black Lives Matter in Toronto Canada  

She is just praying... Please, please Allah-God-Buddha give me strength so as I will not "cuss/kill"... these men, white folks, any men or women...
Hers is just a plea... a prayer... so as she will have the insight and the strength to avoid violence... To be honest, I discern a Ross-type attitude... give me strength and power... to love and avoid resorting to violence...
Friend,
I do not see any wrong in people praying...
Ross, my friend-chaplain, was a mathematician without numbers and he got it right... 



Student-friend,
You are an engineer... you know how to add and subtract... You know how to do the math... Just read the Black Lives Matter message again... Do not react right away... Take your time and read... and read again... do not judge... just read... and then you will penetrate into her plea... her prayer... my prayer... and maybe our prayer too... God-Allah-Bhudda-all-the-rest-of-them bless us with wisdom so as we will avoid "cuss/kill" and live in PEACE and in HARMONY...
Student-friend,
It is doable... Ross, the chaplain, told me that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.