Friday 19 December 2014

If you STOP being BETTER, then you STOP being GOOD...



Christmas is for Love and Sharing and PEACE...
Where Santa Lives...?
Western society is essentially a consumer society… Consumerism has degenerated out values and confused our outlook… The profit motive has perverted our norms and all celebrations have fallen victim to consumer degeneration… So if our values have changed then definitely  Santa has also changed his home from the North Pole to somewhere in China… where all the toys and colourful belles and bright lights are manufactured… 
There is a special Christmas level of the International Trade Market in Yiwu, around 300 kilometres (187 miles) south of Shanghai, where more than 60% of the world’s Christmas decorations are made. A significant proportion of these decorations are sold at this enormous wholesale market.  So we may safely insist that Santa has emigrated from the North Pole to Yiwu, in China… and so Christmas is made in Yiwu.
The tree lighting up your lounge; the decorations hanging from the ceiling; the novelty stocking filler you that you recently bought for your child… most probable came from where the new home of Santa is… from Yiwu, China…

Yiwu Christmas Market covers an area of four million sq m, with 62,000 booths inside. It has 40 000 visitors every day and 5000 of these visitors are there to facilitate Santa’s work and help with his load… 5000 of the buyers are there from foreign countries…
Yiwu is where Santa lives... and soon Santa will have almost all the toys and decorations from China... I am not sure what the Chinese call Santa... and I am not sure if there is a Chinese word fro Christmas...
Just a question: Will Santa also change his ID and become Chinese too...? 
May be... in our consumer society whatever makes a buck or two... is possible...

Check the beauty of the Ice-cakes... that they found in Scotland...
Beautiful and spectacular... The ice-cakes float and they are formed because of the foamy nature of the water... and then expanded... Sort of a crystallization process in the lab...

Check more closely...Fascinating, isn't it...?
Almost identical... Nature indeed is a wonderful space where magic still persists...
   The "pancakes" were found several miles downstream from Balmoral Castle, the British Queen's summer residence.

The magic of nature continues...
The water has frozen into a transparent ice on the surface of the lake... and visitors seem to walk over the lake... over water...

Nature's magic

Check how magical it is...walking over water... 
It's the magic of Christmas... in nature... 
Not at the Chinese Market...
... when humans attempt to compete with nature... they invent funny and bubbly substitutes... 
Walking over water in a bubble is fun... 

And technology is overwhelming the old ways...Iowa replaces drivers license with app...                                                         Digital license will display rotatable 3-D photo

It is indeed neat and environmentally friendly... 
Here technology is placed for the benefit of people and Nature too...
***
Yesterday a former student passed by where I live on his way to his Christmas holiday...
We met for three hours... it was lovely and the student was wonderful... as usual... I call him genius... though he does not have that pretensions...
This year he will graduate from high school... but already he has completed two full credits - four half courses - from university...
It was great to catch up with him... 
He was the one who set up this blog for me...
After we parted, I realized how much the past is behind me... the last year has metamorphosed me into a new person... I am not the teacher confined within for walls ... I have found new voice and new vision...
So it goes... 
He brought an icon which was hanging in my classroom... It is lovely and reminds me of my friend who passed away few months ago... he had given the icon to me... he said; "look at it and remember me"...
I had left it behind... but my student-friend brought it with him and now it is in my room... with all the memories of my friend...
This will be the first Christmas without him...
****************************************
PEACE ON EARTH
Still celebrating Advent day by day...
My neighbour has all the house lit... My neighbour's house is in joy... and all dressed up and ready to party...
I put up outside lights too... not as extravagant as my neighbour's... but enough to be noticed...
Our house is in joy too...
I have been lazy, but soon I will put up our Christmas tree too...
The Prince of PEACE is coming to town...
Wake up with a carol in your heart and get involved... Make peace on earth reality
**********************************************
It is Christmas... initiate new routines... and celebrate PEACE and HARMONY...
Be active and usher in PEACE...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.