Friday 19 February 2016

Ross got bored... like Adam...



Ross asked me to accompany him to a church service in the downtown core... adjacent to the university campus... The Church of the Redeemer...
DSCN3055
Cosy... intimate and friendly church tucked by modern towers...
"But you are not Anglican...," I teased... But Ross was offended... I saw that in his eyes...
"God did not create denominations... and I am not sectarian...," he countered. I already knew all that... and he had told me before that he was a bit apprehensive about the homilies in his church...
" That makes the two of us. I do not care about denominations too...  But Catholics are quite strict in their ways..." I wanted to ease the situation...  also I did not want to offend Ross over nonsense...
"The pastor is very educated and talks sense... The music is fascinating...  A group of students from the university perform...," Ross attempted to entice me... and I agreed...
DSCN3056
Adjacent to bohemian cafes and bars... also close to the university...
On Saturday afternoon we were there to listen to a quartet... Good music... and churches have exceptional acoustics... We attended the church few Saturdays... Maybe three... maybe four... 
And then one Monday in the chapel Ross told me that he had met a lady in the church and they have become close... I was surprised and happy for him... They have met after the services and had lunch together and long talks... Ross like long talks over drinks...
And now I was going to meet this lady... Not on Sunday service, but on Saturday recital... 
Works with me... I am not a fan of Sunday church service... I rather have my spiritual revival at home by myself... in silence... and no one to see... in quiet reflection while the mass and choral music is playing in the house...
                 Recitals in churches have great acoustics... and are spiritual...too...
So Saturday after the recital we walked for a coffee shop nearby... The church was adjacent to the bohemian quarters of cafes and bars... famous from the hippy times... 
I sensed that the lady knew all about me... and Ross reintroduced us... and we talked about nothing special... most of the chatter was Ross's and I sensed that the lady is a bit overwhelmed... and I was correct... After two more months... the lady began avoiding Ross... and he was depressed... 
So we had to go for lunch and drinks... The two of us... and we did...
***
Wonders of the World... 
...God looked at it and all was great... I am not sure why Adam got bored...! So, out of pity and concern, God created a partner... Eve... But in the second attempt God perfected the previous creation...
Firefall in Yosemite  Firefall in Yosemite
A rare phenomenon known as "firefall" in Yosemite National Park in California.
The stunning visual display happens every February when the light hits a waterfall tumbling down El Capitan. The intensity of this phenomenon depends on the volume of water and the cloud cover.
The park authorities said: "The Horsetail Fall phenomenon appears when the angle of the setting sun sets the waterfall ablaze with reds and oranges, like a fire was falling down the cliffs on the shoulder of El Capitan."
Amazingly beautiful... 
***
Why Adam was bored is a puzzle to me... But things do happen... 
I do not think much about Adam or his boredom... Ross always insisted: "They are allowed..." I guess that includes Adam too...
I do not think about Adam that often... After all, the by-product of his boredom was fabulous...! 
God created Eve more refined... and perfect...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.