Sunday 10 January 2016

My friend Ross... and other things...


Ross, 3rd from left... and I with the "red" cap... Caroling with my students...

Canyon Creek was a good and friendly sanctuary... away from students and avoiding crowds... has a bar and also a restaurant on the other side... We had drinks in the bar and times we just hang out and had a bite in the bar... on festive occasions we went and relaxed in the restaurant and ate, drank and laughed...
Thant's what we did when I was retiring... It was you and the French teacher and I... It was wonderfully stimulating... and to be honest, we drank a "lot"... and I drove you home... we hugged and you went inside... I waited for you to disappear... a bit emotional... and a bit tipsy... and I drove home... to avoid police... drove from the right lane... slowly... and carefully...
That was the last time I saw you...
 But I remember the first time we went for a drink at Canyon Creek... You expressed your frustration about "gifts" that you receive... "They bring me books and books... At times I want to yell at them... I have a life too... bring me booze too..." 


You told about the time that a student, serving  at the bar got scandalized seeing you ordering a drink... Manhattan was it...? And you chuckled aloud... people turned their head to see what was funny... But they were frustrated... They could not see within you... They could not notice the Rossie popping up his head... You told to the student that you are the Chaplain at the school, but you are a human being too... and human beings eat and drink too...

You liked to take the lead and order for us...
"The usual...," you asked... and I nodded to it...
"A Manhattan for me and a double vodka for my friend..." and  you got a kick instructing the bartender with the rest... "Just one ice cube and double vodka... make sure it is Absolute... and orange juice in a separate glass... on the side..." and here the smile illuminated your face... "Please do not 'contaminate' the vodka...," you added and chuckled for all to hear... people in the bar heard you and smiled... the bartender got amused too... 
We waited for the drinks... You were absolutely proud for your expertise... and I was pleased that Rossie had bubbled up...
It was fun...

I remember the first time you asked; "anything mixed with the vodka..." and I said, "No, no... just one ice cube... do not contaminate the vodka..."
You were very amused with my remark... and that's how we were together... We let it loose and we let it go... oblivious of the people and the world around us...
But the next day, early in the morning, many in school greeted me with... "do not contaminate the vodka..." 
You always wanted to share your adventurous Rossie with others... and that was okay with me...
We had fun... in the Chapel... in the bar... on the streets of the city... and I miss all of that... and I miss you too... 
...And I will write soon...

***

And also...

Paradise
The world is beautiful... Check it out... 

Ff website
The world is wonderfully harmonious... Check it out... 
But, it is sad that humans have contaminated both time and space... Humans have polluted the world...
Check the box... below...
The Islamic State fighters have executed a women... just because she wanted to leave their rule and settle somewhere else with her son...
So, her son ratted on her to the rulers... and,

ISIS accused her of apostasy after her son turned her in...
She was accused of "inciting her son to leave the Islamic State." She wanted to escape with her son and told him "that the coalition of states fighting ISIS will kill all members of the organization."
The sun was ordered to execute his mother...
The 20-year-old killed his mother in the Syrian city of Raqqa, ISIS' de facto capital, as hundreds looked on near the post office where she worked.

IS militants in Raqqa (file photo)
Indeed, People have definitely polluted the our world...
The global village is crying out for help...
Will you...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.