Tuesday 5 January 2016

It's Christmas Again...


Note...
Hi,
I will resume the blog post…
Two people (former students) with their emails inquired about the blog and suggested that I resume to post…
So here it is… I dedicate the resumption to the two who were kind and encouraging…
I will try to make 3-4 Posts per week…

It's Christmas again...

My house during the day... My home, my castle...

...And my house after dark... My home, my joy...
***
I feel blessed today... 
It is Armenian Christmas Eve... So I will celebrate Christmas again... 
The Armenian Church service, the Divine Liturgy is an integral part of Armenian culture... It is essential to the Armenian psyche... It is the Armenian consciousness... 
I love the Armenian liturgy, the Badarak, is beautiful and spiritually uplifting... I listen to it every Sunday morning... It is part of our family tradition... It initiates the day in a peaceful mood...
Tomorrow is Armenian Christmas Day... and it is Christmas Eve for Ukrainians and Russians... 
I will celebrate Armenian Christmas and also Christmas Eve ... It is indeed a miracle to have Christmas Day and Christmas Eve... in the same day...
Miracles always happen... only if you are more humane and more observant...
December 25... January 6... January 7... 
Christmas repeats itself... and I am happier for that... It gives me more time to reflect... more time to be joyful... 
Indeed three days of PEACE promotion is not enough... Maybe Christmas should be celebrated year round... 365-12-7-24...   
Maybe it should indeed be... Peace on Earth...
The Shia Muslims and Sunni Muslims are at each others throat... Iran and Saudi Arabia are fighting each other... in the name of religion...
The Christians did it before... The Catholics and Protestants fought each other... in the name of religion... The Irish conflict is still fresh... The Balkans are still rife with hate... 
They say religion is for PEACE... indeed it is...
But organized religion is the usurpation of religious teachings - Christian, Islam, Hindi, Buddhist, Sikh, Confucianism... and the rest...
Organized religion has replaced "love thy neighbour..." with the love of money... Peace is replaced by war and greed...
Religion is for peace... But organized religion is evil... organized religion is power... and power corrupts...
I will celebrate Christmas again... on my own... in my home... and promote peace...
I am not sectarian... Catholic or Protestant, Shia or Sunni... Sikh or Hindi... Communist or Confucian... 
I am not sectarian... I am human... and my humanity is globalized... includes ALL...
I imagine PEACE... let there be PEACE...
Indeed,
I will celebrate Christmas again today, and again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.