Friday 25 July 2014

Stop ALL Wars....Stop the Madness



Peace and Harmony...
I have been fascinated by monasteries and monastic life…There quiet and serene atmosphere always appealed to me and I yearned to be in the peaceful place…
I loved Mother Nature … and always surrounded myself with plants and greenery…I guess I have the imagination of a peasant…and I longed for the rainbow after a stormy night…
Rainbows appealed to me…Because of their magic and colourful arcs…After all they heralded peace and they were the harbinger of better days to come…God promised that to Noah…to the world…
I wanted to be in a peaceful matrix…where all things are planned and everything is arranged in accordance of a harmonic mosaic…
I longed for the fulfillment of God’s promise…
So when my mother and society pressured me to study things that I had no interest in, I was apprehensive…I did not want to be an engineer…I did not want to study sciences…I did not have much interest in math…But, I did study all those…
I connected math to philosophy and to logic… I linked sciences to nature and the chaos around me… I related engineering to liberating nature from the physical chaos around me…
I hoped that society will be tolerant with my fancy and let me imagine a harmony out of the chaos of WW II… After all, I was born few years after the war…
So I grew up hating the wars…I grew up yearning for harmony around me…I grew up longing for peace to take roots and embrace the globe…humanity…
And when I see destruction around me…I become depressed… And when “holy” temples and churches and mosques and synagogues are destroyed it hits me like an iron ball… For few days now I am unable to shake the images of the destruction of Jonah’s Tomb in Iraq… My longing for a peaceful corner in a monastery is blasted off…I am in turmoil for few days now…

Islamic Jihadists blow up Jonah’s tomb that dates to biblical times

Jonah’s tomb BEFORE the blast....

Jonah’s tomb after the blast...

Jonah’s tomb after the blast...

The blasts in Israel-Palestine are haunting me…So many cries of children and so much misery…in the “holy land”…  
           
Children are precious...       
Children are precious...       
                                                                                                                                              
  Israelis and Palestinians have so many things in common… They eat same kind of food … They prepare their food in the same way…one calls it kosher and the other hallal…The folk songs have similar tunes and the same longing for love and family…The orthodox Jews and religious Muslims wear the same type of clothing and wrap themselves in similar shawls only with different designs…     
orthodox jewish women praying with secular Jews...at the grave site of Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai in the northern Israeli village of Meron …
Ultra-Orthodox Jewish women crossing the street in Israel...
...And Palestinian women walking home...
They have words that I almost identical like shalom and salam…But why they cannot share the gifts of the “Holy Land” is beyond me…it bothers me…it makes me sad…it makes me angry…it makes me inadequate… because I cannot do much, if anything…The leaders will make people kill each other…the leaders will negotiate and barter the life and future of the children…
Bring Shalom-Salam to the Holy Lands

Indeed the last few days I am having a blast after another horrible blast…The bombs are exploding like New Year fireworks…The rockets are exploding like a celebration after a victory in the World Cup…
But I am furious…and I am not sure if humanity cares…

A student that I had almost a decade ago had surgery … “something” was taken off from her brain…She writes that things are okay…She hopes for a good life after the surgery…She is a teacher full of hope and much potential…I hope she will have a better world once she starts functioning properly again…

She deserves a better world...to teach and to educate...I wish her all the best...
I am sure she has much to contribute for PEACE and HARMONY...

She deserves a better world… The Israelis and Palestinians deserve holy “Holy Lands” where peace and harmony reigns… The Iraqis need the religious shrines…Those belong to world heritage and the Islamist Jihadists should not blow them away…The Christians belong in the Middle East…and I want PEACE in monastery in the lap of nature…
Christians expelled from Iraq and Syria by Jihadists...
I will dream…I will hope…That is what propelled me forward in all these years… I will always dream of a Global Village living in PEACE and HARMONY…
The leaders have no imagination to achieve that…Big Brothers do not have the temerity to deflate their egos and come together to make the world a peaceful and better place…The leaders are failures…It is up to you and me… 



It is up to us, the people, to initiate a NEW WAY OF LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.