Sunday 25 June 2017

GOOD Deeds Are Contagious TOO...


My morning walks are not eventful…


I enjoy the peace of aloneness and begin my celebration of 

the day… in my own way...

I see people rushing... and I try to guess... to where...?

What has puzzled me most are the homeless people I 

encounter along the way... 

I everyday see three homeless men under a tree with the 

shopping carts besides them...full of empty plastic bottles...

They chat... and laugh... and relax... 

When I first noticed them...that was few years ago... I was 

struck by the "normal" way they socialized and interacted 

with each other... 

They collect plastic water bottles from the refuse bins on 

the streets... and now I take my empty plastic bottles to 

them... sometimes I offer them food too... I don't know why 

they will not accept money... but still once in a while I try...

I wonder why there are homeless in affluent countries like 

the U.S. or the U.K. or Canada...and the rest... I never get 

used to the idea of homelessness... and I wonder... how all 

of us go home and enjoy the day...? how the pastors and 

the congregation go home to their meals after the routine 

church service...? and how the politicians of of the left and 

the right go home to their families after a "heated" debate 

on health care and taxes...?

How come the God of the Christians and the Muslims and 

the Jews and the Buddhists and the Chinese-Confucians and 

all the rest... How come God has forsaken the people...

I comprehend the 1% pursuing their greed... chasing the 

next million after the previous million... But I have hard 

time to understand God who has forsaken the people of the 

world in globalized need-despair... 

Maybe you have an answer... Maybe the pundits have a 

twisted rationalization... Maybe the priests and the rabbis 

and the mullahs and the shamans have a convoluted idea... 

sermon of peace and patience... 

The globalized normal of misery and refugees and poverty 

and war and hunger... makes me think about how useless 

the God of organized religions is...

People think of replacing presidents and leaders... Maybe it 

is time to replace God... 

Maybe...

***

This happened the past week... few days ago...

A couple drove for about an hour to have dinner in a fancy 


Manchester-UK restaurant... and celebrate whatever...

But they were refused... because of dress code...

sandals

The weather was 

warm and the man 

was in sandals... Of 

course they were 

hungry and 

disappointed... 


They walked out...

Outside of the restaurant they saw a homeless man... 



John had new boots... a 

charity had distributed 

boots in that area few days 

ago...

The diner asked for John's 

shoe size... 13...The diner's was 9...

He asked if John will lend him the boots for few hours...

John agreed...

The couple dined... and were happy...

The homeless was happy too... He had helped the couple...

Akbar and Rozmin Badshah
The couple in the restaurant... with the boots of the homeless John...

When the couple left the restaurant... the man offered 

money and thanked John... But John refused the money... 

Just like the homeless that I meet almost every day... 

Eventually, after the third, maybe fourth offer, John 

accepted a 10 pound bill...

A passerby witnessed the homeless with the couple and 

offered a 50 pound note... 

After all, GOOD things are contagious... too... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.